*New Interactive Workshop Format*
An interactive hands-on workshop designed to equip today’s dental clinician with the skill set to recognize and identify the earliest warning signs of HPV and non-HPV oral and oropharyngeal cancer. Breakout sessions will involve hands-on use of adjunctive screening devices, AirPlay mirroring of a live examination and the review of techniques both extraoral and intraorally to provide your practice with the best possible opportunity for earlier discovery of oral cancer.
- To understand the current statistics related to the sexually transmitted Human papillomavirus and its connection with oropharyngeal cancer
- To perform a systematic extraoral and intraoral examination with attention to high risk anatomical areas related both to HPV and non-HPV oral and oropharyngeal cancer
- To recognize the subtle, life-saving signs and symptoms that may accompany HPV oropharyngeal cancer
- To be introduced to clinical resources that will aid in assessment, documentation and management pathways of an abnormal finding
- To be equipped with clinical resources and patient education materials related to this new profile
“Jo-Anne’s content is evidence-based and immediately applicable to practice. She presents a thoughtful approach to help dentists and dental hygienists understand the way head and neck cancer is changing in our population and how that impacts the way we listen to, examine, and advise our patients every day.” Scott Durand, DDS, Wabasha Dentistry, MN
“Great speaker! Lots of valuable info and very inspirational for dental professionals. I learned a lot of new things that I will be adding to my oral cancer screening. Very grateful. Thank you...” Jenna Pitirri, RDH
“Excellent information. Jo-Anne’s passion for the message she is delivering is evident. Many, many ‘take aways’ to be implemented into clinical practice.” Wendy Brand, RDH
“Jo-Anne's energy and enthusiasm when she presents is infectious. Her examples, explanations and sense of humor keep her audiences engaged and interested. She spoke for my spring meeting at the Suburban Collection to 400 dental professionals and I am having her again next year in Michigan.” Cathy Malito Vestrand, Manager Vestrand Consulting Services LLC
Book Jo-Anne for your event:
Contact Jo-Anne today at 905•719•4166 or by email.