A number of current social and sexual behaviours are placing our dental patient at risk.
What is the Impact on Oral Health?
At the center of today's health promotion strategies is the improvement and maintenance of oral health. A number of current social and sexual behaviours are placing our dental patient at risk. E-cigarette use and vaping among youth is now a significant public health concern. The obsession of escalating sugar in daily diets, the combination of alcohol and energy drinks and the growing incidence of HPV-associated oral and oropharyngeal cancers are just a few of the trends that are impacting the health of today's dental patient. Oil pulling, charcoal whitening, collagen supplementation and other current trends will be reviewed separating myth from evidence-based science.
We need to be vigilant in our assessment of risk to better enable us to manage disease and more importantly, prevent disease. The incorporation of risk assessment and evidence based clinical guidelines into today’s dental practice is both exciting and rewarding replacing routine dental care with patient centered risk management and disease prevention. Attendees will be provided with a listing of educational materials and clinical resources for their practice.
- Explore trends in lifestyle that are having an adverse effect on health and well-being of today’s dental patient
- Understand the ‘vape’ debate and what the dental professional needs to know
- Immediately apply a developed risk assessment program directed by the most current clinical guidelines for treatment and disease management
- Incorporate effective chairside and self-care treatment protocols to pro-actively address the impact of current societal trends
- Equip the dental patient with educational materials promoting oral health and healthy behaviors
About the Presenter:
As a successful entrepreneur and international, award winning speaker, Jo-Anne brings life, energy and inspiration to all her presentations. Jo-Anne’s no-nonsense approach and dynamic speaking style that has made her one of North America’s most sought-after lecturers in the dental community. Jo-Anne has been selected as one of DPR's Top 25 Women in Dentistry and joins the 2020 Dentistry Today CE Leaders for the 10th consecutive year. A frank and open lecture style, a focus on translation of knowledge direct to practice complemented by the provision of educational and clinical resources has earned Jo-Anne many loyal followers both nationally and internationally.
If you've seen this lecture and have feedback we'd love to hear from you.
Book Jo-Anne for your event:
Contact Jo-Anne for a complete list of speaking topics and further information. 905•719•4166 or by email.